Monday, December 15, 2008

Runathon Day 15

I really, really, REALLY miss my Monday rest days. I want my rest days back!

This morning I got outside and did 2 miles on the Ft. Lowell trail. The weather was cold and overcast, and I wondered if I was going to get rained on. Thankfully it cleared up and I didn't need to worry about getting wet. Tuesday and Wednesday of this week are at risk though. The weather is supposed to get cold and rainy those days. I'll still find a way to run, one way or another. I'm trying to avoid treadmills at all costs, but it may come to that if the weather gets that extreme.

Today was the first run in my new running shoes. I've been running in Ascics (or however you spell it) Kayanos for a few years now. I went to Performance Footwear on Sunday, and they were out of Women's 8.5. So I ended up with a pair of Saucony HurricaneX's. They feel lighter than the Kayanos. The first run in them went well. They will need to break in, but the December runathon should help with that. I also picked up 2 pairs of Tucson Tri Girl logoed running capris, and a nice TTG jacket, which I will probably also use for biking in cold weather. You can never have too much TTG gear! ;)

No comments: