Sunday, December 14, 2008

Runathon Day 14 & Week 2 Summary

Runathon Day 14
The weather was cold and rainy, but at 9:30 AM Zac and I headed out the door. We did a slow 2 mile run to the base of the mountain and the Agua Caliente Hill Trailhead. There was a group of runners there hanging out in the parking lot and drinking beer. I don't drink, but this seems a bit early. On the trail, I planned to go 1 mile in and 1 mile back. Zac would hike for 15 minutes and turn around, and hopefully we would reach the bottom at the same time. My run started out well, but past the 1/2 mile mark on the trail, it was getting loose and nasty and my legs were screaming from yesterday's ride. Even though it was windy and cold, I was sweating as if it was 110° outside. I revised my plan and decided to go 0.75 miles into the trail before turning around. Increasing the distance on the trail by 0.5 miles each time wasn't an "A" goal for the runathon, so I think revising the goal is ok. I turned around and headed down, and alerted Zac who was on the trail below that I had turned around. We reached the end of the trail at the same time, and ran the 2 miles home. Zac hasn't run in months, so the 5.43 miles he ran he did quite well. I covered 5.64 miles total, with 1.53 miles done on the trail.

Week 2 Summary
Monday = 3.10
Tuesday = 2.02
Wednesday = 4.04
Thursday = 2.01
Friday = 2.01
Saturday = 2.01
Sunday = 5.64
Total = 20.83 miles

No comments: