Wednesday, October 8, 2008

XTERRA Nationals - Day 1: Arriving at Lake Tahoe

Thursday - 10/2/08


I flew into Reno, got my rental car, and drove down to Incline Village where the race would be held and where we would be staying. Two months ago, after much scouring of the internet, I found a 2 bedroom condo that appeared to be close to the race site for Liane, Nate, and I to share. I checked in at the office, got the keys, and found the condo. It was a 10 min walk from the race site, or 3 min by bike.



I had a bit of daylight left, so I drove around Incline Village. I pulled into Incline Beach, and snapped some pics. Later I found out all the beaches are private. Oh well, no one was at the guard shack, and I was only there for 5 min. It was crazy windy and chilly, and there were quite a few waves on the lake.





I found the shopping center with a Mexican restaurant across the street. I decided they had a saguaro in the logo, so how bad could it be? I had a strange veggie burrito. After dinner I hit the grocery store for staples such as milk, cookies, soda, and potato chips. Let the race fueling begin!


No comments: