Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Plague

I don't do well sick. I haven't been sick in over a year. Yet the plague struck on Tuesday. I was on a flight to Alabama for work, and literally could feel the sore throat starting. By Wednesday morning it was a bad sore throat, and that evening I had the full-blown body aches, alternating chills and hot sweats, and sneezing. Great. I've been on travel all week for work with this stupid head cold. I flew into San Diego last night, and Zac picked me up at the airport. Here it is Saturday morning and I can't take a deep breath without coughing and can't breathe through my nose from the congestion. Tomorrow is the La Jolla Rough Water swim. I don't need to breathe to swim do I? Perhaps my lack of taste means the salt water won't bother me. Anyways, I'll probably attempt the swim tomorrow, with the happy thought that at least I don't have to bike or run afterwards.

No comments: